|13 Apr 2020|
The newest version of the World Community Grid software application adds enhanced security measures for Windows and Mac computers. All volunteers who are currently running version 7.14.2 or older are encouraged to upgrade.
We have released a new version of the World Community Grid software application. This new version includes security enhancements for Windows and Mac computers, as well as an update to the program's screensavers for Mac users. The new version is now available to download.
In particular, volunteers running version 7.14.2 or earlier of the application are encouraged to upgrade. To check if your PC or Mac is running an old version of World Community Grid:
- Open the World Community Grid software application, which can be done either via the small World Community Grid icon on your computer's task bar, or from your computer's application menu.
- In the main menu of the World Community Grid application:
- (For Windows users) Click on Help to display the help menu. Then click on on 'About World Community Grid - BOINC Manager.'
- (For Mac users) Click on 'World Community Grid' in the main menu. Then click on on 'About World Community Grid - BOINC Manager.'
- In the About window, the version number is listed toward the top (see below for an example).
No update is needed at this time for Linux machines or Android devices.