|23 Dec 2020|
The researchers are finishing work on a paper about their findings to-date.
The Help Stop TB project was created to study the sheath of the bacterium that causes tuberculosis (TB), in order to help scientists look for better treatments.
In October, the World Health Organization released the most recent global statistics on TB, including the following:
- In 2019, an estimated 10 million people contracted TB.
- 1.4 million people died from TB in 2019.
- TB remains one of the top 10 causes of death worldwide, and the leading cause from a single infectious agent (above HIV/AIDS).
Progress on upcoming paper
The researchers are making final edits to a paper about the project's findings, with a goal of submitting the paper for review in the coming weeks.
Current status of work units
- In progress: 33 batches (3,276 work units )
- Completed: 23,798 batches
72 batches in the last 30 days
Average of 2.43 batches per day
Note: For this particular project, the researchers often need to analyze the batches we send back to them before they can build more work units. This can sometimes lead to an intermittent work unit supply.
Click here to learn more about World Community Grid's monthly project updates.