- What is a Team Challenge?
- How do I create a Team Challenge?
- How do I create a Team Challenge that is open to all teams?
- How do I create a Team Challenge that is just limited to certain teams?
- How do I invite teams from my team's country?
- May I invite more teams to my Team Challenge after I issue it?
- How do the Increase in XXXX challenges work?
- How will the captains of teams I've invited to my challenge know about it?
- Where do I check on the status, statistics, etc. for my Team Challenge (or a challenge my team is participating in)?
- Plan Ahead for Team Challenges!
What is a Team Challenge?
How do I create a Team Challenge?
As the captain of a team, you may create as many Team Challenges as you want; the only requirement is that they have different names so members can tell them apart from other Team Challenges.
To create a Team Challenge, go to My Contribution and click on My Team in the lefthand navigation. Just under the Team Information, you'll see the Team Control Panel with an Issue Team Challenge button. Click the button to be taken to the Issue Team Challenge page.
Once on the Issue Team Challenge page, you start by picking a name for your Team Challenge. After that, decide if you want your Team Challenge to be open to all teams, or if you want to choose which teams to invite. If you want an Open Challenge, check the box next to "Open Challenge?"
Next up, pick the dates for your Team Challenge. The Start Date must be at least one day in the future, but not more than 30 days away. The End Date must be at least one day after the Start Date, but not more than 180 days after the Start Date.
Once you've chosen the dates, select what type of Team Challenge you'd like. The choices are Points, Run Time, and Results Returned, or an Increase in one of Points, Run Time, or Results Returned. For more in the "increase" challenges, read this FAQ.
Next choose whether or not you want to allow Late Joiners; that is, allow teams to join the challenge after the Start Date. This applies to teams that are invited as well as for Open challenges. Teams that join a challenge after the Start Date will only receive credit for statistics after they join the challenge.
Last but not least, you may invite other teams to participate in your Team Challenge. You may invite teams even if your are issuing an Open Challenge. If you are issuing a Closed Challenge you must invite at least one team.
To invite teams, just search for the name of the team you want to invite, and click the link to "Invite This Team." For more general searches, only the first 25 teams are returned. If this happens, try being a little more specific in your search.
How do I create a Team Challenge that is open to all teams?
How do I create a Team Challenge that is just limited to certain teams?
How do I invite teams from my team's country?
May I invite more teams to my Team Challenge after I issue it?
How do the Increase in XXXX challenges work?
The Increase in XXXX challenges, can also be viewed as "percent increase" challenges. In these challenges, a baseline is calculated based on the recent daily average production for each team in the challenge. During the challenge, the daily team statistics are averaged for the current duration of the challenge and then the baseline average is subtracted to yield an average increase (or decrease). That average increase/decrease is divided by the baseline average to determine the percent increase/decrease. For example, if a team averages 3 days of Run Time per day leading up to the challenge, and then averages 4 days of Run Time during the period of the challenge, the percent increase would be 33%. The math would be: (4-3)/3.
The final winner of the challenge will be the team with the largest percent increase over their baseline average.
How will the captains of teams I've invited to my challenge know about it?
- If a captain has chosen to receive Team E-mails (on the My Profile page), they will receive an email for each challenge to which they are invited.
- On the My Team page, there is a Challenge Control Panel. Team captains will see challenges to which they've been invited under a section called Pending Challenges. Captains can accept challenges directly from the Challenge Control Panel, or they can click the name of the Team Challenge to view the full details of the Team Challenge before accepting or declining the invitation.