Forgot your member name or password?
To find your member name, open the BOINC Manager and then select “Advanced View”. Select your “Projects” tab and your member name will be listed under “Account”.
If World Community Grid is no longer on your device, you may recover your member name from our website here. Your member name will be sent to the email address associated with that account.
Your password may also be recovered at our website here. A password reset email will be sent to the email address associated with that account.
I tried to recover my password via email but did not receive it. What is wrong?
Why don't my statistics show up on the web site?
Is there a minimum password length?
Why did I receive an email with my password when I did not request it?
The system is working exactly as intended. When you forget your password, you may have World Community Grid send the password to the email address associated with your member name. If a member mistypes their member name while requesting their password, the email will be sent to the wrong person.
Hopefully these members will realize and correct their mistake. In the meantime, your password is still valid, and you can ignore the unrequested email.
I have to stop participating for a while but plan to return in the future. I'm worried that I will forget my member name and password. Is there an easy way for me to get my member name and password when I return?
Yes, you may go to the Forgot Member Name or Forgot Password page and retrieve them securely.
If you do not receive the email to retrieve your Member Name or Password, please Contact Us.
My computer is currently registered under one member name, but I would like have it registered under a different member name. How do I change it?
If you have already registered with the member name you would like to switch to, then please continue. Otherwise, please go here and register your desired member name.
Once you have registered with the member name you would like, you need to perform the following steps to change the registration (please note: these instructions may be slightly different depending on which version of BOINC you are running, and your operating system):
- Open the BOINC Manager window
- Select 'Advanced View' (if not already in Advanced View)
- Click on the 'Projects' tab
- Click on the 'World Community Grid' project and then from the left hand menu select 'Remove'
- Go to the menu at the top of your toolbar and select Tools -> Add Project
- This will bring up a window that asks you to select a project or enter in a project URL. Please select 'World Community Grid' from the list of proojects, or enter this url: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
- When asked for your member name and password, use the member name you would like the computer registered under, and the appropriate password, and finish
- Click again on the 'Projects' tab in the BOINC window and verify that your desired member name now appears under 'Account'
If you need additional assistance, please use the Contact Us form.
How do I remove my member information from the World Community Grid database?
What are the Member Name Guidelines?