Halfway down the page there is a setting that says 'Suspend work if CPU usage is above XX% of cpu'. Change this value to fit your needs.
Why do I get the error: exit code -1073741510 (0xc000013a) (On Windows Vista)?
The message exit code -1073741510 (0xc000013a) means that when you log off of Windows the application gets terminated quite abruptly. Vista can shut down very quickly and not allow BOINC enough time to stop properly. This problem was corrected in the 5.10.45 version of BOINC. Please ensure that you are running the latest recommended version of the World Community Grid software.
To determine what version you are currently running on your computer, right click on the World Community Grid, or BOINC, icon in the bottom right corner of your display (by the date and time). Click on “About World Community Grid – BOINC Client” or “About BOINC” and the current version of the software will be displayed.
You may check if you have the latest supported version of the World Community Grid software by visiting this page: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/viewDownloadAgain.do . The version number is displayed below the name of the agent for each operating system. If this number is the same as the version number that you have installed then you have the latest supported version.
Forgot your member name or password?
To find your member name, open the BOINC Manager and then select “Advanced View”. Select your “Projects” tab and your member name will be listed under “Account”.
If World Community Grid is no longer on your device, you may recover your member name from our website here. Your member name will be sent to the email address associated with that account.
Your password may also be recovered at our website here. A password reset email will be sent to the email address associated with that account.
I tried to recover my password via email but did not receive it. What is wrong?
Why don't my statistics show up on the web site?
Is there a minimum password length?
Why did I receive an email with my password when I did not request it?
The system is working exactly as intended. When you forget your password, you may have World Community Grid send the password to the email address associated with your member name. If a member mistypes their member name while requesting their password, the email will be sent to the wrong person.
Hopefully these members will realize and correct their mistake. In the meantime, your password is still valid, and you can ignore the unrequested email.
I have to stop participating for a while but plan to return in the future. I'm worried that I will forget my member name and password. Is there an easy way for me to get my member name and password when I return?
Yes, you may go to the Forgot Member Name or Forgot Password page and retrieve them securely.
If you do not receive the email to retrieve your Member Name or Password, please Contact Us.
My computer is currently registered under one member name, but I would like have it registered under a different member name. How do I change it?
If you have already registered with the member name you would like to switch to, then please continue. Otherwise, please go here and register your desired member name.
Once you have registered with the member name you would like, you need to perform the following steps to change the registration (please note: these instructions may be slightly different depending on which version of BOINC you are running, and your operating system):
- Open the BOINC Manager window
- Select 'Advanced View' (if not already in Advanced View)
- Click on the 'Projects' tab
- Click on the 'World Community Grid' project and then from the left hand menu select 'Remove'
- Go to the menu at the top of your toolbar and select Tools -> Add Project
- This will bring up a window that asks you to select a project or enter in a project URL. Please select 'World Community Grid' from the list of proojects, or enter this url: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
- When asked for your member name and password, use the member name you would like the computer registered under, and the appropriate password, and finish
- Click again on the 'Projects' tab in the BOINC window and verify that your desired member name now appears under 'Account'
If you need additional assistance, please use the Contact Us form.
How do I remove my member information from the World Community Grid database?
What are the Member Name Guidelines?
I registered my agent successfully but it is not running any task.
Why is no task executing after I complete a work unit?
- If the software is unable to detect network connectivity, the software will continue to retry until it is able to send results.
- If we are experiencing very heavy traffic on our servers, you may see delays in the distribution of new work.
The software installer keeps giving me an error and asks me to check my Proxy settings.
You need to be connected to the Internet at the start to have the agent connect to the server to get work. Check to see if you can get to some web page with your browser. If your Internet connection is working, it might be that you have a software firewall which is blocking access to the www.worldcommunitygrid.org site. If you have one, try turning it off temporarily and see what happens. If it starts working, then add the www.worldcommunitygrid.org address as a trusted site to your firewall.
I get "Cannot Connect to Server" messages when logging in. What's wrong?
- This error could be due to a physical disconnection between your machine and the Internet, whether at your machine or your ISP.
- Alternatively, our server could be temporarily down for maintenance. We try to restrict our maintenance to non-peak hours in the US, which may be inconvenient for folks on other continents. From time-to-time, it is necessary to take the servers offline outside our scheduled maintenance periods. We apologize if this causes any inconvenience. We will endeavor to keep the service available at all times.
- This may occur on some machines that do not recognize the network when they are first launched. Exiting and restarting the World Community Grid Software clears this up, and users are able to connect without error.
- If you are using a proxy server, a personal or corporate firewall, or an Internet gateway router, be sure to configure your settings before logging in.
My World Community Grid Software won't autodial with Windows 2000/XP.
The software is reporting a problem of low hard drive space. How do I fix this?
Why do I have two World Community Grid or BOINC software icons by my clock?
Why do I lose my work and have to download a new work unit if Windows crashes?
What are the workunit deadlines?
Why does the software sometimes display with a piece of the screen missing?
Do I have a BOINC agent or a UD Agent? How do I tell which agent I have?
Why won't the project suspend when I'm using my device?
Why does the screen saver only show a black or blank screen?
What is an intermittent project?
Why do some validated work units remain on my results status page for a long period of time?
Why do I receive tasks / work units for research projects other than the projects I have selected on "My Projects" page?
Why are my results marked 'too late' or 'server aborted'?
So, in this example, if you download a work unit that already has 4 work units returned with an error status, and the work unit requires a quorum of 2, this would indicate that another member has a work unit in progress when you downloaded the work unit. This at a minimum would mean 6 total work units have been sent. Then your wingman returns a result that is also an error. This would cause the server to try and abort all remaining work units in progress and if your work unit had not started running, you would receive a 'server aborted' message. If your device had started on the work unit before the server abort message was sent, the BOINC software cannot abort and your device will complete the work unit, but the result will be marked as 'too late'.
- Max number of results (example 9)
- Max number of error results ( example 5)
- Max number of success results (example 5)
Please note: number of max successes means that the results are not validating against each other. For example all 5 copies have different results.
Is there a work unit limit set per core?