How much hard drive space does the software take on my computer?
I am an existing member but need to re-install the software because I have a new device. How do I do that?
For existing members, please log in on the website and then click the ‘download’ button on the navigation bar or, click here. Follow the instructions to install the software.
I'm having trouble downloading the software
If I re-install the software, will the work that I am doing be lost forever?
Is there an easy way to install the grid agent to multiple devices or across a network?
Does World Community Grid Software run on Windows 95?
How do I uninstall the World Community Grid Software?
What is the BOINC Client?
- Attach your computer to World Community Grid (use: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org)
- Download work from the World Community Grid servers
- Return completed results to the World Community Grid servers
- Run the science application according to the preferences of the member
What is the BOINC Manager?
I want to contribute to one of World Community Grid's research projects. How do I register for a particular research project and start contributing?
Members only need to register and attach once to World Community Grid in order to contribute to any, or all, of our research projects. In order to contribute, please take the following steps:
- Register with World Community Grid
- Select which of our research projects you wish to contribute to:
- The registration process gives you a list of research projects to choose from
- If you are already registered, you may change which projects you contribute to on your My Projects page
- If you do not already have BOINC installed, download and install the software
- If you already have the current version of BOINC installed, then you may participate in World Community Grid using your existing BOINC software. Just attach to World Community Grid using the URL: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org and the email address and password you used at registration.