BOINC Workshop 2019
World Community Grid is proud to be hosting the 2019 BOINC Workshop in Chicago, Illinois. This annual workshop is designed for researchers, scientists, academics, developers and volunteers with any level of interest in the BOINC open source volunteer computing platform. All are welcome!
World Community Grid is an IBM philanthropic initiative, running on the BOINC platform, that enables anyone with a computer or Android device to donate their unused computing power to advance cutting-edge scientific research related to health and sustainability.
Dates: July 9-12, 2019
Location: IBM, 71 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
Workshop agenda: Information about workshop agendas will be posted at a later date.
Registration: Please complete the free registration for the workshop here.
Attendance Fee: There will be no cost to attend the workshop.
- O'Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Midway International Airport (MDW)
- Chicago Transit Authority (CTA)
- Taxi, Lyft or Uber
- Group booking rates are available at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown:
- 1 South Franklin, Chicago, IL 60606. This hotel is located across the street from where the workshop will be held.
- The group rate is: $216.00 USD/night plus tax. Amenties include: free hot breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and more.
- To reserve a room for the group rate, reservations must be made no later than June 17, 2019 at 5:00pm CT / 22:00 UTC.
- To make reservations from inside the US, please call 1-866-527-1498 and refer to the IBM group.
- To make reservations from outside the US, please send an email and refer to the IBM group.
- Business travel rates are available at the Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop hotel:
- 25 South Halsted Street, Chicago, IL 60661
- Rates vary based on room type.
- You must use this link to book your accomodations at this hotel.
- You may also stay at a different hotel of your choice.
Questions? Or want to be notified of updates to this page? Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org